Finally! I made a video about meditation: benefits, types, techniques, and strategies.
Meditation isn’t about stopping thought, its about finding the space between thoughts.
~Marcia, Inner Vision Yoga
Benefits of Meditation
(From my own experience and extracted from the NYT article How Meditation May Change the Brain)
- Reduces anxiety, stress, anger.
- Calms a short temper.
- Helps in combating emotional eating or stress-induced mindless eating.
- Develop inner confidence and a greater sense of self.
- Become less tied up in the dramas of life.
- Be less troubled by emotions.
- Reduces blood pressure.
- Calm the mind.
- Allows the active brain to rest.
- Become more thoughtful and empathetic.
- Improve neurological function.
- Be less controlled and driven by our habits.
- Improves learning and memory.
Meditation allows us to sleep better, to be less reactive, to stay in the present moment, and to access our inner wisdom. So you will challenge yourself to 30 days of consistent meditation practice? Can you do 12 minutes per day?
[01:16] – Benefits of Meditation
[02:50] – Types of Meditation
[04:48] – Preparing for Meditation
[06:50] – Techniques for Meditating
[07:58] – Dealing with the wandering mind
[11:33] – 30-Day Challenge to meditate 12 minutes per day
Can you meditate 12 minutes per day for 30 days? If so, you’ll be amazed at yourself and the new habit you’ve developed.
Leave a comment and tell us, have you meditated before? Will you try to do 30 days of consistent meditation?