Tea Lovers: Let’s get together!
The biggest event of the season to meet fellow tea fans is just around the corner. (And, you can hear me speak on Wellness Teas or starting a new tea business at the conference.)
I don’t know about you, but I prefer to meet people face-to-face. Phone just doesn’t do justice to the relationship-building, and online interactions can’t even really be called ‘meeting’ someone, in my opinion. Which is why I enjoy conferences, events, and other opportunities to meet people in person.
And for anyone who is in the tea industry or considering starting up in the specialty tea industry, the most important conference of the year is starting just 3 weeks from today, May 6th. I’m talking about the World Tea Expo, being held in Long Beach, California.
You can register for the event here. But while you’re at it, take a look at the Educational Conference schedule. I’m presenting on what else you need to know to start a tea business and how to incorporate herbs into a tea business to really target the health-conscious community (more on those below). You can sign up for those here, but do so quick as discounted advance pricing ends tomorrow (the 16th).
Let’s Get Together
If you’re interested in tea (or herbs) and are starting (or have) a business in the industry, are a tea or health blogger/writer, are a retailer of health products, or just like to meet new people, give me a shout. I’ll be in Long Beach from Tuesday night, May 5th until early afternoon Friday the 8th. I’d love to meet for a cup of tea, a wander around the show floor, or perhaps a meal. My contact info is at the very bottom of this page, so please reach out and let’s connect!
Presentation: Starting a Tea Business
My first presentation is targeted at those who are attending the Tea Business Boot Camp before the Expo actually starts, but it’d be valuable for anyone considering starting a tea business. It is slotted for:
Wednesday, May 6, 12:30pm – 1:30pm
- The importance of knowing yourself and your big ‘why’ for starting a tea business;
- How to differentiate yourself and be unique in a competitive environment;
- Why you must know and understand your customer on a deep level and how to do it;
- How to work with vendors, to evaluate them and choose the right teas for your business and the importance of negotiating;
- What to do when you’re in analysis paralysis and unsure if, when, and how to start.
You’ll hear experiences, stories, successes, and failures from past Tea Business Boot Camp participants who are now tea business owners, who walk the walk and talk the talk everyday. They share their best advice for being successful starting out.
Presentation: Wellness Teas and How to Do it Right
This presentation is for anyone who currently has a tea business and is looking to expand their offerings to include herbs, along with a message more focused on health-promotion. It’s scheduled for:
Thursday, May 7, 9:45am – 10:45am
- What are wellness teas, and why this niche is important;
- The marketplace, with a look at consumer demand and the competitive landscape;
- How to develop your own blends and why you don’t have to do it alone;
- What to be careful of when it comes to the legalities of marketing for health-promotion;
- Examples of what works well in parallel industries and what we can learn from them.
We’ll use a number of case studies to examine what works and what doesn’t. You’ll understand the steps you need to follow to develop your own wellness tea blends and how you can be successful with them in the marketplace.
If you have any questions on either of my presentation, feel free to contact me–all of my contact information is at the bottom of the page.
I look forward to meeting you in Long Beach!